Adventures with Clifford The Big Red Dog™
Sept. 22, 2018 to Jan. 6, 2019
A traveling exhibit in the Lubbock Children’s Museum at the Science Spectrum.
Board the Birdwell Island Ferry and journey to the world of Clifford™, America’s beloved Big Red Dog with a heart to match. See Emily Elizabeth™ and many of the other residents of Birdwell Island. Inspired by Scholastic Entertainment’s TV show Clifford The Big Red Dog® on PBS KIDS®, the exhibit offers numerous immersive “paws-on” adventures that reinforce “Clifford’s Big Ideas” – ten simple tangible life lessons designed to help younger children navigate their world:
- Be Truthful
- Play Fair
- Be Kind
- Have Respect
- Believe in Yourself
- Help Others
- Be Responsible
- Be a Good Friend
- Work Together
Kids can visit a colossal nine-foot high Clifford with a tail to slide down, just like Emily Elizabeth does on the television show. Children can help fill Clifford’s big dog bowl with bones using a conveyor belt, and find “bone”-a-fide treasures at T-Bones Beach.
At other exhibit areas, children will be able to join many of the show’s iconic characters at places they have seen on TV including:
- Help “Victor” and “Pedro” steer the Birdwell Island ferry past the island’s lighthouse
- Say “hello!” to “Samuel” and “Charley”, and then pull up a stool and place an order at Samuel’s Fish and Chips Shack
- Hunt for seashells at T-Bones’s Beach
- Take a seat inside Clifford’s giant doghouse to create masterpieces to take home or mail to Island residents
- Put on a show with “Mac” at Emily Elizabeth’s Backyard Theater
- Visit the Howard’s House
- Play in Cleo’s Backyard
- Sort mail with “Mr. Carson” at the Birdwell Island Post Office
- Take a break with “Ms. Lee” at the Birdwell Island Library and read from a collection of Clifford books.
- “Jetta” invites visitors to browse the Norman Bridwell Art Retrospective and see 50 years (that’s 350 in dog-years!) of artwork and stories by the creator and award-winning author of Clifford The Big Red Dog.