Science Spectrum In-Person Camp Policies and Procedures
Please talk with your child prior to camp about how things will be different during Science Spectrum camps this summer due to Covid-19 guidelines and precautions. All camps will have fewer spots available than normal to help maintain social distancing between campers. Free time in the museum will be limited and possibly removed depending on circumstances. As you know, this is a continually developing situation, and we will work to make camps as safe and fun as possible. If you feel your child is not able to adhere to these policies and procedures, please do not register them at this time.
Camp Staff & Volunteers:
- Staff and volunteers will be screened upon arrival daily for illness. They will not be allowed to participate in camps if illness of any kind is suspected.
- Staff and volunteers will wash hands or use hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day.
- Staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times except during meals.
- Staff and volunteers will be required to socially distance themselves from each other and campers as much as possible. Knowing that individual students may need special assistance, this may not be possible at all times.
- Please do not bring campers if illness of any kind is suspected.
- Campers will be screened upon arrival for fever and general well-being. Campers with fever or symptoms of illness will not be permitted to stay.
- Campers will be asked to wash hands or use hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day.
- Campers are encouraged, but not required, to wear a face mask during all camp activities other than snack and meal times.
- Campers will be required to social distance from other campers and staff. If an individual has continued difficulty with this, they may be asked to leave the camp without refund.
- Campers will have assigned seating during camp, including classroom and lunch times.
- Campers will be provided individual class supplies. Campers may only use materials assigned to them. No materials will be shared.
All tables, chairs, and other common classroom and lunchroom touch points will be cleaned daily before camp and throughout the day as students transition from one activity to another.
- A morning snack will be provided in the form of individually packaged snacks and drinks.
- Campers are encouraged to bring their own water bottle to use throughout the day as water fountains will be unavailable. Please make sure water bottles are clearly marked.