Due to COVID-19, change has been considerable for all of us. But one thing that has not changed is the Science Spectrum’s commitment to engage, inspire and educate each day. The museum’s staff have developed a comprehensive plan to provide a safe and fun experience for visitors following CDC, state, and local authorities’ guidelines.
Science Spectrum has always placed an emphasis on its cleaning practices, but to ensure an extra clean and safe environment for visitors, we have added the following protocols:
- All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask when attending the museum or OMNI Theater.
Science Spectrum staff and volunteers will wear face masks while working with the public.
- The OMNI Theater will operate at a 50% occupancy rate. Three seats of spacing will be required between parties on the same row.
- We encourage social distancing, hand washing / sanitizing, and other safe behaviors.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the lobby, and at multiple locations throughout the museum and at the OMNI Theater. We encourage all visitors to either wash hands or use sanitizer upon arrival.
- We have installed Plexiglas shields at the Admissions desk, Gift Shop and Concessions to ensure additional safety for staff and visitors.
- We have installed HEPA air filters, as well as increased the air turnover rate, in the OMNI Theater to ensure the best possible air quality inside the theater.
- Elevators will be limited to single party usage.
- Museum exhibitry will be monitored and wiped down daily.
- Water fountains will be closed.
In addition, the Science Gift Shop will be open for walk-in purchases, but will also continue to offer online and over-the-phone sales with curbside pick-up or shipping options. The Concessions stand will be available with all regularly served items.
The museum’s safety protocols adhere to the guidelines as set forth by CDC, the City and the State, and we continue to monitor these guidelines in real time and adjust as needed.